India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
The Indian government changed the name of its new tourist visa programme as there was growing criticism that it was confusing.
The Indian visa on arrival that was rolled out to more countries late last year will now be called the eTourist visa.
From five countries in 2010, India expanded the programme to cover 44 nations, including the USA, Australia, Japan, Germany, Singapore and Russia. Sri Lanka has now been added to the list.
The requirements for an Indian tourist visa remain the same as outlined in the older programme.
Only nine Indian airports can handle passengers arriving with the new visa – including Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, Goa and Thiruvananthapuram.
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for you to discover India's Heaven
- India applies free e-visa for Indonesians
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 5 Tips for India first-timers (Part 1)
- Mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India